Fill Out Our New Member Inquiry Form
Thank you for your interest in The Junior League of Bryan-College Station, Inc. Below is a brief overview of our membership requirements and the highlights of the time and fundraising requirements you can expect in your first year as a New Member.
If you are interested in joining or would like to learn more information, please complete the online Potential Member Inquiry form. To be considered for the 2023-2024 New Member Class, ladies must be 23 years old or older by May 31, 2023 and have all forms submitted by May 31, 2023. Enrollment for the 2022-2023 League year is now closed.
What is the time commitment when joining our League?
- Our New Member Class Orientation is in May. Classes begin in June. This is a full year course that is for ladies who have the time to commit to multiple hours of meetings per month.
- You will attend one New Member Meeting each month. You will attend one General Membership Meeting each month as well. The General Membership Meetings are generally held the first Tuesday of each month with the New Member meetings on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. Most meetings are held in the evening.
- In total, approximately 80 hours will be spent on League activities, including meetings. This is a lot of time concentrated between November and March. Please make sure your schedule can accommodate these time demands.
- To help with fundraising initiatives, approximately 24 volunteer hours (out of the 80 total hours) will go towards our fundraisers – Charity Ball and Bargain Blitz. Charity Ball will be held in December and Bargain Blitz in March.
- Opportunities will be available to help with in-League Committees as needed.
- The remainder of your time will be spent in the community working on current projects, as well as the possibility of a New Member class designated project.
What is the financial commitment to joining our League? Below is an overview of current requirements.
- One-time registration fee of $45.00 and Annual dues of $120.
- Your total New Member dues ($165) will be due by November 30 and you will have Annual dues ($120) again in February for the next League year.
- The $150.00 fundraising commitment for Charity Ball will be due by December 31, and can be reached in a variety of ways, including a monetary donation, raffle tickets sales, or as a sponsor.
- A Bargain Blitz donation of goods in a value of $75 or more is required by the event date. (Only $25 in clothing donations may count towards your $75.) If you choose to not donate items, a monetary donation of $150 is due by March 31.
We look forward to meeting you! Please fill out our New Member Inquiry Form for additional information!